09 Apr Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks isn’t Easy if You’re the Old Dog
Old habits are hard to break – even if they’re good ones. Our client wanted to “rally the people” around new corporate and local initiatives. And so began the challenge of creating an event designed to both inspire and educate a decorated workforce. It seemed a no-brainer that a “People Rally” would indeed rally the people. It did. We coordinated a two-day event, employing thematic decor, training exercises, entertainment and employee recognition in what is now an annual endeavor. The People Rally focuses on the key principal that branding, much like personal character, begins from within the company ranks and ends with customer satisfaction and improved sales. This approach resonated with both upper level management and crew personnel alike.
• Coordinated and scripted training rotations for management
• Produced character skits with attendee participation
• Coordinated temporary refacing of event space in line with theme
• Hosted national entertainment and guest speaker
• Served and trained over 250 people in two-day event
• Efforts yielded recognition at regional McDonald’s event as one of the nation’s largest training events